Please read our Refund Policy, Declaration of Safer Space, and How to be a Good Attendee list.
CBUS relies on a community-based commitment model, where the attendee pays to reserve their spot, and we use — and count on — that payment to make the event happen!
This means we cannot offer full refunds. Instead, you can apply your payment as a credit to next year’s event. The credit applies to you only. The credit request is good for the following calendar year only. You must contact us via email. You must receive email acknowledgment of the credit request, with the documented dollar amount, for the credit request to be complete.
The CBUS Committee must approve all pass transfers when crediting is not an option.
Pass transfer requests are due May 1, 2017.
Credit requests are due before the start of the event, 8 PM EST on May 19, 2017.
This form is not private. In the event of a safer space incident, please file an official report.
Your CBUS committee wants this event to be safe and fun for all of our guests, and we want to be transparent with our safe space policy. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
DECLARATION OF SAFER SPACE
The CBUS Lindy & Blues Exchange Committee (c/o SwingColumbus) is dedicated to providing a fun atmosphere at our events. We want you to learn new things and meet people who will empower you in your pursuit of enjoyment. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. We want our events to be safe and be accepting spaces regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof). Sexual language and imagery in social situations is not appropriate for any event venue. All attendees, staff, and volunteers are required to comply with the following code of conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- This environment is for everyone regardless of gender/gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, religion, or any other reason. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind, including continued, unwanted attention. If you harass someone, you may be asked to leave at our discretion.
- Please do not treat our event like a “pick-up joint.” Our patrons do not represent a large group of people for you to hit on. If you engage in this kind of behavior and make our patrons uncomfortable, we will ask you to leave.
- Respect the rights of a person to say “no” to a dance, regardless of their reason.
- Use of misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or racist language will not be tolerated.
- Abuse of illegal substances (drugs) at our events is prohibited.
- If you feel uncomfortable, please feel free to say so – either to your dance partner or to a staff member. If your dance partner makes a comment like this, please respect their feedback and adjust accordingly – ask an organizer if you are unsure how to do so.
- Alcohol consumption is only permitted at Friday and Saturday Evening dances. The Parish Hall permits beer and wine only. Individuals must be of legal age to consume alcohol. We ask attendees to drink responsibly. Do not drink & drive, and do not offer alcohol to minors who are under the legal drinking age. Failure to comply with these rules can lead to removal from our events without a refund. SwingColumbus is not liable for any damages or injuries that were caused while consuming alcohol.
BEING A GOOD DANCE EVENT ATTENDEE
- Please behave like a mature human being. We welcome every lifestyle and every flavor of person, but be aware that you are in a public space and act accordingly.
- Please use your full range of senses on the dance floor to avoid accidental collisions and injuries. It is every dancer’s responsibility to be aware of their own and their partner’s movement and position, as well as the movement and position of the dancers surrounding them, in order to avoid all forms of dangerous contact.
- Please be respectful to the event staff, even if you are experiencing a personal frustration. Without the goodwill of these individuals, a smoothly functioning event is impossible.
- Finally, be aware of your own boundaries and physical needs. Do not neglect your health, do remember to sleep, do wash your hands frequently, and do remember to take your meds if applicable.
Thank you for your patronage and cooperation!
— CBUS Lindy & Blues Exchange Committee c/o SwingColumbus —